27th SGIFF: Masterclass | Herman Yau
MASTERCLASS WITH HERMAN YAU
(The Untold Story, Ebola Syndrome, The Mobfathers, Nessun Dorma)
30 NOV 2016, WED / 7.00PM / 60MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
Musician, writer and film director Herman Yau needs no introduction for film aficionados. A veteran from the Hong Kong film industry, Herman Yau’s cult status was cemented with his slew of Category III films from the 1990s. Exploring topics such as racism, the judicial system and women’s rights, among many others, Herman Yau has managed to combine social commentary with entertainment through his exploration of genre-specific films. Find out how he realises his passions, his various thought processes on filmmaking, and his observations and hopes on the future of cinema in Hong Kong and Asia.
Herman Yau is a Hong Kong director, scriptwriter and cinematographer. He studied film at the Department of Communications, Hong Kong Baptist University from 1981 to 1984. To date, Yau has written, shot and directed over 100 films, which include Ebola Syndrome, From the Queen to the Chief Executive, Master Q 2001, The Legend is Born: Ip Man and Ip Man: The Final Fight. His films have been shown at various festivals in Hong Kong, Europe and the United States. The Untold Story and Ebola Syndrome were praised as "cult classics", while From the Queen to the Chief Executive was awarded the Golden Torch Award by the International Catholic Organization for Cinema and Audiovisual.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 30 Nov 2016, 9am. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
- The event description was updated. Diff#206390 2016-11-10 04:34:47
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM SGT
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 6 Bayfront Ave, 018974 Singapore